Welcome to our new forum platform. We realize there is still some work to do and we appreciate your patience. Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions: paul@globalmapperforum.com

Export elevation data to data-base file

ShermJensen@sisna.comShermJensen@sisna.com Global Mapper UserPosts: 24Trusted User ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Elevation Data
Hi: I am using GM9.03 to create an vegetation height grid by combining a grid representing the top of vegetation and a grid representing bare-earth. The combination works great, but I can't figure out how to get the resulting data into a database file (i.e. Microsoft Access). Seems like I have gone through most of the options for Export Raster and Elevation Data with no success. Is there a way to export the numeric elevation data to a database?

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238BMG Staff
    edited September 2008

Global Mapper does not have any support for writing directly to a Microsoft Access database. What you can probably do is export the data to a XYZ grid file, which is basically a simple text file with X, Y, and Z coordinates, then load that text file into a table in Access.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Global Mapper Support