Welcome to our new forum platform. We realize there is still some work to do and we appreciate your patience. Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions: paul@globalmapperforum.com

Path Profile/Line of Sight tracker

DustyRobinsonDustyRobinson Global Mapper UserPosts: 106Trusted User ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in Suggestion Box
When using the Path Profile/Line of Sight tool it would be extremely useful to be able to track your location on both the Profile and map view. If your cursor is in the Profile Window it would snap to the ground profile and display as a dot in the Profile Window and as a dot on the line in the Map view. You could also be in the Map view and the cursor would snap to the line used to cut the profile. In either view as you move the cursor it tracks your location so you know what point in the Profile Window relates to what location in the Map view.

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238BMG Staff
    edited May 2009
    Actually this has already been added to the path profile dialog. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Global Mapper Support
  • DustyRobinsonDustyRobinson Global Mapper User Posts: 106Trusted User ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2009
    Thanks Mike