Welcome to our new forum platform. We realize there is still some work to do and we appreciate your patience. Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions: paul@globalmapperforum.com

Corporate Licence for Global Mapper

massimomassimo Global Mapper UserPosts: 31Trusted User ✭✭
edited January 2012 in Suggestion Box
Hello!
Is there any form of Corporate licensing available for Global Mapper? We are investigating the possibility to have a variable number of copies of the software within the company against the possibility to use and buy a fixed number of licences.
Regards,
Massimo

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238BMG Staff ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Massimo,

We do not currently offer shared network licenses for Global Mapper. Licenses for Global Mapper are either per user, in which case a single user can move their license among different computers so long as they are the only user of that license, or per computer licenses, in which case multiple users can share a single license that is only installed on a single physical computer on which they are physically using the license.

There is also a tiered site license plan, depending on the size of your site. The site license
    pricing for Global Mapper v11.xx is as follows:

Site License for up to 50 Users: $8,500 (about the same as 35 licenses at the 20+ license rate of $249)
    Site License for 51 - 100 Users $15,000
    Site License for 101 - 150 Users $21,000
    Site License for 151 - 200 Users $25,000
    Site License for Unlimited Users $35,000

As you can see, site licensing becomes attractive once you have over 35 users at a site.
    Below that, the normal bulk pricing is advantageous on a per license level.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • massimomassimo Global Mapper User Posts: 31Trusted User ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    thanks Mike,
    Another quick question about licensing.
    The Licenses that can be bougth through your internet site are "per user" or "per computer"?
    Massimo
    edited March 2010
    Massimo,

It is up to you to determine whether you want to treat a license as "per user" or "per computer". The license key is the same on our end.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • pimskoypimskoy Global Mapper User Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Hi,

we have 5 corporate licenses in my office. How is it to move the license to another computer? I didn't see any "return" or "release" license button.
    Thanks.

Regards,
    Putri.
    edited October 2010
    Putri,

You simply need to uninstall the license from one computer, the install the software on another computer and activate it with the same license key.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • pimskoypimskoy Global Mapper User Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Hi Mike,

Oh okay then. I thought it will have a "release license" button somewhere. Thank you. :)

Regards,
    Putri.
  • rafinhrafinh Global Mapper User Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Thanks Mike I found my answers also.
  • LeeksLeeks Global Mapper User Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Massimo,

We do not currently offer shared network licenses for Global Mapper. Licenses for Global Mapper are either per user, in which case a single user can move their license among different computers so long as they are the only user of that license, or per computer licenses, in which case multiple users can share a single license that is only installed on a single physical computer on which they are physically using the license.

There is also a tiered site license plan, depending on the size of your site. The site license
    pricing for Global Mapper v11.xx is as follows:

Site License for up to 50 Users: $8,500 (about the same as 35 licenses at the 20+ license rate of $249)
    Site License for 51 - 100 Users $15,000
    Site License for 101 - 150 Users $21,000
    Site License for 151 - 200 Users $25,000
    Site License for Unlimited Users $35,000

As you can see, site licensing becomes attractive once you have over 35 users at a site.
    Below that, the normal bulk pricing is advantageous on a per license level.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com

Hi there,

Can I check if above is still the case for GM licensing? Hoping network licensing is available now.
    edited August 2011
    That's still how it works, there aren't any shared network license options available, so you need to have a license for each user/computer.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • George Chandeep CoreaGeorge Chandeep Corea Global Mapper User Posts: 57Trusted User ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    I can't find where the software licence is stored and need to move it to a new computer.
    Putri,

You simply need to uninstall the license from one computer, the install the software on another computer and activate it with the same license key.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
    edited January 2012
    Check the Help->About dialog for your license key on a computer if you have a recent install of Global Mapper, or email gmorders@bluemarblegeo.com to get your license information.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com