Welcome to our new forum platform. We realize there is still some work to do and we appreciate your patience. Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions: paul@globalmapperforum.com

path profile

energyenergy Global Mapper UserPosts: 374Trusted User ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in Technical Support
Hii all

I have two grid files(dem) 1-topographic elevation 2-elevation top of the coal layers

I'd like to take path profile both top.ele. and coal layer in one screen

I mean can I see two path profiles same time in one screen?(like overlay)

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238BMG Staff
    edited August 2010
    While you can't directly do that, what you can do is load just one elevation layer and your line, then select your line with the Feature Info Tool, press Vertices, then press the button to add elevations. You should then have a 3D line with elevations from the loaded topmost elevation layer. Then, load your other elevation layer so it is on top, select the line with the Digitizer Tool, then right-click and select the option to show a 3D path profile for the line. In the latest release (v11.02) you should see a line both from the topmost elevation layer at each location, but also for each 3D vertex from the selected line, which effectively shows you both elevation layers.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • energyenergy Global Mapper User Posts: 374Trusted User ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    thanks mike

ok, can I export path profile with scaled(1/25000,1/10000...etc)
    edited August 2010
    On the Options menu of the Path Profile dialog there is an option labeled 'Match Elevation Scale to Distance Scale' that allows you to specify a ratio to match between the elevation scale and the distance scale.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • energyenergy Global Mapper User Posts: 374Trusted User ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    ok I understand mike but ı dont mean that

export path profile, like export geotiff(export at the fixed scale)?
    edited August 2010
    You can save the path profile to a BMP image under the File menu on the Path Profile dialog, or you could save something like a distance/Z or XYZ file out with the actual coordinate values. You could then load those into Excel and do whatever you need with them.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com