Welcome to our new forum platform. We realize there is still some work to do and we appreciate your patience. Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions: paul@globalmapperforum.com

iPad app - gmw/gmp reader!

RossOverstreetRossOverstreet Global Mapper UserPosts: 30 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
Hi Guys,

I'm late to the party but I just got an iPad. The touch interface is a wonderfully intuitive way to interact with maps. The iPad runs Google Earth beautifully and there's a great mapping app called MotionX that lets you download NOAA ENCs for offshore navigation.

I would LOVE a Global Mapper app that has the ability to display a gmw/gmp pair and use the built-in GPS to overlay position. I would buy it if it only went that far. If it could save track logs and calculate navigation (course & direction with a steer arrow) it would be even better. I'm not really interested in "working" on the map from the iPad. I'm happy preparing a package on my desktop and just displaying it on the iPad when I'm on the boat. I've paid $30-$45 for other hobby or work specific apps so something in that ballpark wouldn't be unthinkable.

Anyone else interested in viewing their GM maps on iPad?

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238BMG Staff
    edited January 2011

While I agree it would be fantastic to have an iPad/iPhone Global Mapper application, unfortunately it would be a tremendous amount of work to port any significant portion of Global Mapper to a non-Windows platform so nothing like this is in the pipeline.

Global Mapper Support