Welcome to our new forum platform. We realize there is still some work to do and we appreciate your patience. Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions: paul@globalmapperforum.com

Control Center: Grid, Scale, Legend, ...

mtbmtb Global Mapper UserPosts: 11 ✭✭
edited July 2011 in Suggestion Box

what do you think about introducing a layer in the control center containing the grid, elevation and distance scales, legend, etc. as separate items? A double click on the "grid" item could lead to the corresponding dialog ("general" tab in the configuration window).

This could be very convenient and should integrate smoothly in the overall operating concept of Globel Mapper.

Best regards,

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238BMG Staff
    edited July 2011
    I'm not sure I would want to clutter up the loaded map layer list with items that are completely different like the grid, scales, and legend. You can already right-click on those items (except the grid) when displayed to change most of the settings. I'm not sure that having the items in the Control Center would add anything in terms of accessibility since you can already bring up the Configuration dialog or Map Layout dialog with a single click on the toolbar button.

Global Mapper Support