Global Mapper Software LLC is pleased to announce the availability
of the first beta of Global Mapper v9.00 at
download that file and run it to install v9.00. It will install
alongside any existing Global Mapper version, so you don't have to
worry about losing what you're currently working on.
Among the numerous significant changes in this first v9.00 beta are the following:
- Added ability to make area features partially transparent.
- Added support for exporting loaded gridded elevation data to DTED format files.
- Added support for exporting loaded gridded elevation data and 3D vector data (including LIDAR point clouds) to LIDAR .LAS format files.
- Added option to view shed calculation to generate area features for the covered areas. These generated area features could then be exported to vector formats like Shapefiles.
- Added option for loading DMDF, Windows EMF, Arc Point Vector Coverages, and Erdas .lan format files.
All of the other numerous changes are listed in the What's New document that is displayed during installation.
Prior to the v9.00 release we also plan on adding several other major features, including direct access to high resolution color imagery for the entire world and hopefully unlimited ECW compression sizes and Adobe Illustrator format support.
Here is a temporary registration key so that you can try everything
out in the beta for 14 days:
While we plan on officially releasing v9.00 in about 1 month, for those
of you that just can't wait to purchase new licenses and upgrades to
existing licenses, you can purchase those now from
. Pricing for upgrades from v8 is $99 US per license and pricing for new licenses are $299
US for a single license with price breaks for multi-license
Let me know if you any problems or questions.
Global Mapper Software LLC