Welcome to our new forum platform. We realize there is still some work to do and we appreciate your patience. Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions: paul@globalmapperforum.com

Additional Column of Check Boxes in Overlay Control Center?

HendersonHenderson Global Mapper UserPosts: 26Trusted User ✭✭
edited June 2012 in Suggestion Box

I often have 15 to 20 different layers loaded as background / context for my editing procedure.

When I make edits, say outline a wetland area based on air-photo backdrop, that I want to save to a new shapefile, I am currently having to uncheck the 15 or so other layers, then exporting the one remaining checked layer with the edits I want captured, closing that layer, opening the saved new layer, and rechecking them all to continue on.

To avoid this constant checking / unchecking procedure, would a second column of checkboxes in the overlay control center be useful? Dedicate one row to what is visible, dedicate the second row to what will be saved...something along those lines.

Or perhaps there is something that I am missing in this procedure. Thx.

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238BMG Staff
    edited June 2012
    What I would suggest is grouping all of your background layers in the Control Center by selecting and right-clicking on them, then specifying a group, then you can just check them on and off as a group for exporting. I think an extra set of checkboxes would be very confusing as it wouldn't be obvious what the different checkboxes meant.

Global Mapper Guru
  • HendersonHenderson Global Mapper User Posts: 26Trusted User ✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Thanks. That's a good option.